And the winner of our Christmas angel today is Susan Simmons from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 60 mins
I learned this recipe from a Chilean friend.
1 cup red wine
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
• Boil the wine and sugar in small pot for 40 minutes until it thickens.
• When the time is up, pour the mixture into a water bath for a few minutes to cool.
• In a bowl, whip the 2 egg whites for about 4 to 5 minutes until small peaks form.
• Pour the wine mixture slowly into eggs, whipping as you go.
• Serve with sliced apples, bananas or walnuts.
Water bath — place a stainless steel bowl into another container which contains cold water and ice. This stops the cooking process immediately.